SunScape accepts Visa/MC debit cards for monthly auto-pay memberships, however, please be aware of the following information regarding using this method of payment.
1. A Visa/MC debit transaction is processed via the credit card network, so it is subject to the same fraud controls as any other credit card. There are many reasons why a transaction can be declined other than non-sufficient funds. Upon request, we can always provide members with the transaction details (ticket number, processor response, transaction number, etc), but only the member can contact their bank to get the exact reason why a transaction was declined if they have enough funds in their account.
2. When a Visa/MC debit transaction is declined, it DOES NOT show on the bank statement, like it would if a normal pre-authorized bank debit was declined (ie. when void cheque is provided). We receive inquires from members who state that because the attempt does not show on the bank statement, that there was no attempt. However, just like a credit card statement doesn’t show declined attempts, neither will a bank statement show declined Visa/MC debit attempts.
3. As of Fall 2017, it does seem that some Canadian banks are being more strict on recurring Visa/MC debit cards transactions While we do continue to accept these cards and most clients have no issue using them, we have 100% verified that any rejection/declines are coming from the issuing bank. Your bank may be rejecting recurring transactions, while approving the same transaction when the card is presented in-store.
SUGGESTIONS TO RESOLVE ANY ISSUES WITH VISA/MC DEBIT DECLINES:
1. The simplest solution is to provide us with a void cheque or pre-authorized payment form (PAP) so that your account is debited directly. Even though you will be using the same bank account with a direct debit, you will see all declined attempts on your statement.
As a courtesy to all clients who have incurred a rejection fee for a declined Visa/MC debit, we will provide a single credit of this fee, provided you update your billing information to either regular credit card, or direct debit here: https://www.sunscapetanning.com/update-billing-information/
2. If you wish to continue using a Visa/MC debit, we advise contacting your bank and letting them know that you are using the card for a recurring monthly payment, and that the card is being rejected and that you need to make sure it is approved.